Going 45 in a 70 While Eating 'Samiches

Going 45 mph in a 70 mile per hour zone...in the left lane! We have all been behind one of those driver's (especially when we are late for some reason, why is that?). Traffic backed up to the last passed exit. Horns blowing and they don't feel any desire to move to the right. They have all the time in the world and think we do too. I would love to be able to take it that slow some days. Who has that kind of time now a days?
This very slow driver got me thinking.....thinking how they look at life. To learn how to be slow in the fast lane. Sometimes we all need to slow down and go 45 in a 70 and enjoy the little things that make our life special.
Enjoy surprises like the ones that come popping out of the perennials you bought from a neighborhood perennial sale. I brought home Daisies which are doing very well but got this as a bonus! What is it? I love it!


Sipping my very favorite coffee....from this cup we got at a 7-eleven when we where in Chicago.  I love 7-eleven and we don't have any here. So sipping from this just makes me smile.  Why do I love it?  I was born on 7-11 so I have just always loved it, well that and their Slurpee bar!


Life moves so quick, look... summer is already over! School is starting, ragweed is blooming, fall is peaking in with overnight temperatures and fantasy football drafts are happening in garages all over the country.

All this reminded me of slowing down and all during the busiest time of the year for me.  Most of us are going 95mph in a 70 mile per hour zone with kids, sports, work, school, gym, housework, dogs!  So a little help is always well received.  Of coarse we can count on the slow cooker, a savory sandwich will be ready when you get home from driving your kids around to sports and activities or putting in extra hours at your job to finish up a project or bless your heart both!  I hope this helps anyone with back-to-school-chaos-brain like I have right now.

When you can't slow down, the slow cooker will slow down for you.


Tangy BBQ 'Samich
Print recipe here
1 3-4 pound Boneless Beef Roast of choice- I used Top Round with medium marbling
1 C onion- sliced
1 C Ketchup
1 C favorite BBQ Sauce- love Sweet Baby Rays
1 C water
2 T vinegar- I think Red Wine vinegar would be good but have not tried yet
2 T Worcestershire Sauce
2 T brown sugar
2 cloves garlic- minced
1 tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp salt
1/ 2 tsp black pepper

1.  Instructions are easy, dump all in slow cooker. 


2.  Cook on High for 6-7 hours.  Shred meat and let sit a bit for juice to saturate meat.  Pile into a good bun such as Bolilo or Telara and top with cheese. 


3.  If you don't eat it on the way to the oven, you can broil the cheese and buttered bun until golden and crispy.  Note:  I have used pork and chicken with great results.

Life can zoom by like a Mazda on a highway... But!  Please do not take this thought literally...move to the right side or just stay off the interstate if you are lucky enough to view life this way! 

Today's recipes where brought to you by, inspired or adapted from: my Aunt Kris, who make the best Apple Pie! 


3 comments:

  1. That looks terrific! Since the kiddos have gone back to school I've broken out the slow cooker. Makes life so much easier when I get home from work. Thanks for sharing!

    Happy Monday!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a cute post. And that sandwich looks killer! Now I want to see that apple pie you're aunt makes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of this recipe. I ate this sort of sandwich while travelling in America and it was wonderful. I'll definelty try this one. thanks for posting ! Linda (Mew Zealand)

    ReplyDelete