Whatcha got cookin'?
How's about cookin' somethin' up with me?
Hey, sweet baby,
Don't you think maybe
We could find us a brand new recipe?"
Thanks Hank...this song has been stuck in my head all day today. I will now pass it along to you to sing along for the rest of the day! And. Sadly. This is now my ring tone......I have no excuse. I just had to. But my kids and I laugh every time someone calls now.
I 'found us a brand new recipe'. Created this week, a winner that will have you wiping your drool and running to the store for all the ingredients! Or, you may cringe in disgust- but secretly you will be running to the store for ingredients too! Don't lie! If you love Macaroni and Cheese, if you love Loaded Baked Potatoes- behold (sky opening and sun shining down) the Loaded Mac and Cheese! Of coarse I made it healthy with whole wheat noodles. Don't fret- the bacon fat, milk and cheese are a healthy and vital fat for our bodies. They feed our brains, organs and skin. Throw away the chemicals and fake fats! Our bodies don't know how to process fake stuff, natural is better for you.
Loaded Macaroni and Cheese
Print recipe here
1 pound grass fed ground beef
1/2 package of nitrate free bacon (Uber bacon lovers, go ahead with whole package!)
1/2 onion, chopped
10 oz. macaroni or other pasta (or about 2 cups)
3 TB butter
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp paprika plus more for sprinkling on top
2 1/2 cups whole milk
3 cups sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup fresh chives, chopped (Green Onions work too)
1. Boil the pasta until al dente, according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cool water to stop the cooking. When drained place in your 3 quart casserole dish and set aside.
2. While pasta is cooking, start your bacon by cutting into strips. Add to large frying pan and cook stirring over medium high heat. When starting to brown add chopped onion, stir and cook until onions become browned and caramelized.
3. Add ground beef to the same frying pan and cook until crumbled and browned. Remove from heat, stir into noodles and set aside.
4. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
5. Over medium heat, melt the butter in medium sauce pan.
6. Add the flour, sea salt, dry mustard, pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon paprika. Stir constantly over medium heat for about three minutes.
7. Slowly add in the milk while whisking.
8. Keeping on medium heat, whisk constantly for about 10 minutes, until the sauce thickens and will coat the back of a spoon.
9. Remove from heat, and stir in 2 1/2 cups of the cheese, stirring until melted.
10. Pour the cheese sauce over the noodles and stir until combined.
11. Sprinkle on rest of cheese and chives. Dust with more paprika.
12. Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until it gets golden brown, bubbly and ooey-gooey!
13. Serve quick before it disappears, there was no leftovers to put away when I made this!
14. Now this brings us to Cooking Confession #2- Don't cry over spilled milk, unless it spilled and burned on your cook top! Then it is totally allowed, boohoo!
Thanks for visiting me @
Today's recipes where brought to you by, inspired or adapted from: Me! Saved by the Egg Timer