Have you decided what you are bringing to share at Christmas dinner? These potatoes are so good. Perfect cream to cheese ratio. I must warn you about what it does to your casserole dish....but well worth it!
Welcome, have a seat.
Would you like to come join me on the deck!?
|Ham and roll recipes to come...|
Print recipe here
8 large baking potatoes, sliced thin
2 TB unsalted butter
5 C sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (or mix of colby and sharp cheddar)
celtic sea salt and black pepper to taste
onion powder to taste, optional
paprika for sprinkling
1 quart half and half (or 1 pint heavy cream with 1 pint of whole milk)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a large casserole dish with 2 TB butter.
3. 4th layer goes on the same, top with 2 cups cheese instead of 1. Always make sure to leave at least 1-2 inches from the top so it will not boil over in your oven.
4. Evenly pour 1 quart half and half over the dish. Sprinkle on a little paprika.
5. Place the casserole dish cover on or cover tightly with heavy duty tin foil.
6. Place in the oven at 375 degrees F for 1 hour. Then turn heat down to 350 degrees F for 1 hour. Don’t fret, it will look too soupy. Remove foil and turn heat down to 325 degrees F for 1 hour. Watch for the top so it does not burn. Remove when browned, bubbly and most liquid has cooked down.
|WARNING!!! Soak overnight and it comes off very easy.|
Today's recipe is brought to you by, inspired or adapted from: Chris, thank you for passing along this gem of a dish!