Truffle cookies with a truffle topping.
Chocolate Mint Truffle Kisses
Print recipe here
2 1/2 sticks (1 ¼ C) unsalted butter, softened
2 C powdered sugar
1/3 C unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp celtic sea salt
1/4 C Greek yogurt or cultured sour cream
2 tsp Homemade Peppermint Extract
2 ¼ C white flour, unbromated and unbleached
¼ C unsweetened cocoa powder (for rolling)
1 package Mint Truffle Kisses
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and powdered sugar, slowly added.
3. Add in the cocoa powder and salt. Mixture until well combined. Beat in the sour cream and peppermint extract.
4. With the mixer on low, blend in the flour until no streaks of flour remain. Chill dough 30 minutes.
5. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and roll each ball lightly in the cocoa powder and place on the baking sheet. Do not flatten the cookies. The cookies will not spread very much if the dough is chilled, so they can be placed fairly close together.
6. Bake the cookies for 10 minutes. They will just barely be set but you don’t want to over bake or they will be dry. Remove from cookie sheet and place on plate, wax paper or cooling rack. Place a kiss on each cookie.
Note: The truffles Kisses will melt into perfect puddles. If you use solid chocolate Kisses you will keep the Kisses shape. Both are cute and yummy. Store in an airtight container.
Today's recipe is brought to you by, inspired or adapted from: My Kitchen Cafe and a bag of Kisses!