Print recipe here
¾ C unsalted butter, no need to thaw
1 ¾ C dark brown sugar
½ tsp celtic sea salt
1 egg yolk
1 TB vanilla extract (Yes, Tablespoon!)
2 ½ C all-purpose flour, unbromated and unbleached
½ tsp aluminum free baking soda
¼ tsp aluminum free baking powder
2 TB dark brown sugar
2 TB raw cane sugar
Celtic Sea Salt for sprinkling- any good (sea salt, kosher salt or Fleur de sel) salt except NO table salt!
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and set aside.
2. Place butter into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Make your Beurre Noisette (Browned Butter).
3. Pour the browned butter into a large mixing bowl. Add the brown sugar and salt, mix until all ingredients are wet. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
4. Add the flour mixture in three parts. Mix just until the flour is completely combined and the dough is very thick.
5. Take 1/2 a tablespoon-sized pieces of dough (I took my cookie scoop, scooped it level, removed then separated into two) and gently roll them into ball shapes.
6. Dredge them in the sugar dredging mixture until well-coated. Place on the baking sheet and lightly sprinkle with the salt.
7. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until the edges have browned a bit and they look set. Be careful not to over-bake. Remove from cookie sheet and allow to cool on plate, wax paper or cooling rack.
Today's recipe is brought to you by, inspired or adapted from: Simply Recipes
posted Monday, December 13, 2010