***We are now back to our regular scheduled posting***
When I posted the Cream of Anything Soup, I said the next post would include the cream soup....but then came Valentine's and I got distracted by large amounts of chocolate. Here is the dinner dish that I intended to put up right after. It is wholesome, yummy and comforting.
To me it is little Midwest mixed with a little culinary sophistication all while using items that should already be in your kitchen. It's a Hot Dish, it's a Casserole. It's a Haute Dish Casserole!
Chicken Cobbler Haute Dish
Print recipe here
1 stick (1/2 C) unsalted butter, melted
4 C sourdough bread cubes
½ C parmesan cheese, grated
1 TB dried parsley
2 TB unsalted butter
1 large onion, diced
½ C celery, diced
½ C carrots, sliced
1 C dry white wine
1 ½ C Homemade Cream Soup (or 1- 11 oz can cream of anything soup)
2-3 C cooked chicken (leftover Faux-tisserie Chicken works great!)
½ tsp celtic sea salt
½ tsp fresh cracked pepper
½ tsp dried thyme
1. Toss 1 stick melted butter with bread cubes, parmesan cheese and parsley. Set aside.
2. Saute onions in 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Add celery and carrots and saute another 5 minutes. (If your chicken is not cooked, precook bite sized chicken in same pan until no longer pink and then add in the veggies.)
3. Stir in wine, cream soup, chicken and seasonings. Cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until bubbly.
4. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased baking dish and top evenly with bread cube mixture.
5. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes, or until nice and golden brown.
Today's recipes where brought to you by, inspired or adapted from: As close as you can get... and Southern Living.